Comprehensive first aid and CPR techniques and scenarios for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in a marine setting.
Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008.
Designed for any person who wants to obtain a Master’s or Officer’s certificate or endorsement, or those providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on coastal voyage, class 1, or unlimited voyage.
- Transport Canada issued Candidate Document Number (CDN)
- 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 80% min. passing grade on written exam 3-year certification in Marine Advanced First Aid, CPR Level HCP, and AED, under Transport Canada regulations a 2 day re-certification in Marine Advanced First Aid is Not permitted under federal regulations.
- The emergency scene
- Preventing disease transmission
- Respiratory emergencies
- Airway and ventilation
- Circulatory emergencies
- Soft tissue injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Head and spine injuries
- Chest, abdominal, and pelvic injuries
- Sudden illnesses
- Heat‐ and cold‐related emergencies
- Reaching and moving people
- Multiple casualty incidents
- Toxicological hazards aboard ship
- Radio medical advice
- Red Cross Emergency Care text
- Certification card and optional wall certificate
- Transport Canada Training Certificate
Coast Discovery Inn
975 Shoppers Row