Basic two-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the marine/fishing industry. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008.
Designed for any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate, endorsement, or a Master or Chief Mate limited certification, and for those providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near-coastal voyage, class 2, or on a vessel on sheltered waters.
16 hours of Instruction.
Must have a Transport Canada issued Candidate Document Number (CDN).
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam.
3-year certification in Marine Basic First Aid & CPR Level C, equivalent to Standard First Aid & CPR Level C, and AED, and a Transport Canada certification in Marine Basic First Aid.
- Assessment of needs of ill or injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Positioning of person
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques (including CPR C)
- Control bleeding
- Management of shock
- Burns, scalds, and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transport of person
- Other topics including improvising bandages, rescue in confined spaces, infectious diseases, and personal health and hygiene
- Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate
- Transport Canada Training Certificate
Cost: $195.00 + Tax (GST 5%)