Red Cross First Responder First aid and CPR skills for professional first responders or those wanting to become first responders. Course teaches techniques for sustaining life, preventing further injuries, and caring for illnesses and injuries until the next level of medical personnel arrives.
Includes CPR level HCP and AED.
Red Cross Emergency Care Instructor or Instructor Trainer
CPR Level C
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 80% min. passing grade on written exam.
3-year certification in First Responder, CPR Level HCP, and AED
20 hours; includes CPR Level HCP
Part 1 – Preparing to Respond
- The responder
- The emergency scene
- Preventing disease transmission
Part 2 – Establishing Priorities of Care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Respiratory emergencies
- Airway and ventilation
- Circulatory emergencies
Part – Traumatic Injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Head and spine injuries
- Chest, abdominal, and pelvic injuries
Part 4 – Medical Emergencies
- Sudden illnesses
- Heat- and cold-related emergencies
Part 5 – Special Populations and Situations
- Special populations and crisis intervention
- Reaching and moving people
- Multiple casualty incidents
Duration: 40 hours.
Includes CPR HCP
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
- Emergency Care
- Emergency Care Workbook
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
Cost: $625.00 + Tax (GST 5%)